Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday asked Prime Minister Narendra Modi why the doorstep ration delivery scheme by his government was stalled by the Center and appealed to him to allow its implementation in the national interest. Addressing a digital press conference, wherein he mainly focused on Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Kejriwal said the Delhi government will deliver ration to 70 lakh ration card holding residents in the national capital.
Referring to Modi, Kejriwal said, “Sir, you had objected that Delhi government’s doorstep ration scheme cannot be implemented in the name of ‘mukhyamantri ghar ghar ration yojana’, then we decided not to give any name to this scheme. You again stopped this important scheme saying the Delhi government has not taken the Centre’s approval. Sir, in the last few months, I have written 5 letters to you to seek your approval to run this scheme. Now what kind of approval the Delhi government needs from the Centre?”
The Delhi government had cleared the proposal to allow home delivery of rations to all cardholders of the capital last year in July to implement one of the major promises made by the Aam Aadmi Party in the run-up to the assembly polls held in February.