Bihar: Himanshu Raj tops exam; slight dip in pass percentage. Without a device to study online, Son of a farmer and Daughter of a Government teacher secure top ranks among boys and girls.
|Himanshu with his parents|
Himanshu Raj from a remote village, Rohtas in Bihar has topped the Bihar board class 10th exam scoring 481 marks out of 500 securing 96.20%. The 15-year-old has surpassed lakhs of students to attain the top rank.
BSEB Bihar board Matric results be declared on May 26 2020 at 12:30 p.m. to end the wait of many students. Although the results were dominated by boys, but the Arwal girl Julie Kumari made it to the top four securing 478 marks out of 500 levelling cores with third topper Shubham Kumar.
Amidst tough time like this has been a great time for many students and parents. Himanshu is the son of a farmer who works in the fields by day and teaches in the evening. His mother is a housewife. The topper believes that consistency is the key to crack any exam. However, his education is on halt at present due to the coronavirus pandemic as schools are shut and he does not on a smartphone or laptop to take online classes.
Himanshu’s Aunt supports his study for online class.
He adds “ We don’t own a smartphone. Mychachi (paternal uncle’s wife) is only one who has a smartphone in our family. I, my sister and my cousins all use her phone turn-wise to study during lockdown. The lockdown has impacted our financial conditions. my father used to teach tuitio byn to nearby students, but after continuous lock down they don’t visit our home anymore. It has taken a toll on my family.”
Himanshu Aims to be Software engg.
The guy aims to study computer engineering in prestigious Institutions of India, that is, IIT. He wishes to become a software engineer. Discussing about some back lashes, on a telephonic conversation with Indian Express, that many students faces is about the concepts. He explained it nicely, that if one wants to retain concepts, then he/she has to delve into them first and practice them daily.
Overall Passing Percentage of Bihar Result
Over 14.94 lakh students, overall pass percentage is 80.59. The pass percentage for the year 2020 is 80.59 percent as compared to the year 2019 when 80.73 percent students had cleared the exam.
Amongst top 10 rankers a girl secured 3rd place with two more students
- 41 students have scored top 10 ranks with Himanshu Raj being the topper.
- Second rank has been obtained by Durgesh Kumar with 480 marks.
- Third rank is shared by three Students: one girl and two boys with 478 marks. Julie happens to be the girl from the state.
- The daughter of Manoj Kumar Sinha, who is a Government School teacher and her mother is a homemaker. Julie lived up to her parent’s expectations. Her mantra was revising NCERT books time after time and solving mock question papers. “By the time my exams drew near, I was on my fifth revision,” Julie said in the topper’s interview to TOI.
14 Lakh students appeared in Exam
- This year, 14,94,071 students appeared for the exam, which included 7,29,213 boys and 7,64,858 girls.
- 12,04,030 students passed the exam, out of which 4,03,392 students stood in the first division.
- Every year, lakhs of students appear in the Class 10 (Matriculation) exam held by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB).
- While around 16.6 lakh students had appeared for the exam in 2019, in 2018, 17 lakh students wrote the exam. In 2016, 14 lakh students took the exam.
Top 10 list of Bihar Board Student