Along with the spread of corona virus, recently there were some cases of black fungus and white fungus reported in various parts of our country. Both black and white fungus are caused by mucormycetes but as they impact lungs and other vital organs they can be extremely dangerous.
However, on Monday, reports emerged that a patient in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad had been diagnosed with “yellow fungus”. Like black fungus and white fungus, yellow fungus also is a contagious contamination; however it tends to be fairly lethal and dangerous as it starts inside our bodies.
As per the ANI report, the Ghaziabad patient who has been diagnosed with a case of yellow fungus had been undergoing Covid treatment for the past two months and recovering from it as well. However, in the last four days or so the patient developed swelling in his face due to which he was unable to open his eyes. Then the patient began bleeding from his nose and in urine. He was rushed to the hospital where examination revealed that it was a case of yellow fungus.
Following are the various symptoms of yellow fungus disease: –
- Disrupted digestion
- unexplained-unusual weight loss
- Pus leakage
- Loss of appetite
- sunken eyes -Lack of energy
- Lethargy and fatigues
- Necrosis (in severe cases)
- Delayed healing of wounds etc.
Here are a portion of the safety measures that one can take to shield themselves from the yellow fungus:
- Keep your room, home and environmental factors as perfect as could really be expected
- Remove old food and fecal matter quickly to check microorganisms and parasitic development;
- Keep the moistness of the room and home under check as unnecessary dampness advances microorganisms development. Very much like for Covid patients keeping up tidy up wind stream inside the room and homes is essential.
- Corona virus positive patients should promptly begin treatment so entanglements like yellow fungus don’t create.