The Government of India , Ministry of expenditure announced the freezing of Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) to Central Government employees and Central Government Pensioners till July 2021.
New Delhi :Freezing DA and DR allowance The ministry of finance said in memorandum that In this Covid-19 Pandemic and Lockdown , Ministry of finance has been decided that additional DA and DR to Central government Employees and Pensioners , due from 1st January shall not be paid. The additional instalments of Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) due from 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 Shall also not be paid.
#IndiaFightsCorona : Due to the crisis arising from #Covid_19india , the government has decided to freeze additional installment of #DA to its employees and #DearnessRelief to pensioners at current rates till July 2021
For more details, read the fine print below pic.twitter.com/9owVrq7Pxp
— PIB India #StayHome #StaySafe (@PIB_India) April 23, 2020
- The union cabinet had incremented the D.A. and D.R about 4%, it has been put on hold .
- Currently the DA and DR are fixed at 17% of the basic pay or pensions which will not be impacted by the Government .
- C.M yogi adityanath stoped dearness allowance in UP, it will affect 16 lakh employees
Deduction of One Day wages
The Department of Revenue already said in circular that ” it has decided that to appeal the Government employees to contribute one day salary per month from April, 2020 till March 2021.The circular also said that , “Any officer or staff having objection to it may intimate Drawing & Disbursing Officer, Department of Revenue in writing mentioning his/her employee code latest by 20.04.2020.”
Impact on the government employees
This step impact over the 50 lakh government employees and 65 lakh pensionors and Cutting the DA and DR the government save the Rs 37,530 crore to fight the corona Viruses pandemic. If it follows than the government save about Rs 82,566 crore and Overall, there will be a saving of Rs 1.20 lakh crores at the level of Central Government and State Government.
Protest against Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief
- Retired army officer Major Onkar Guleria has filled the petition to the court
- Labor organization mobilized against stopping DA of central employees, says if the government does not take back the decision, there will be a tooldown.
- ECRKU opposes withholding of dearness allowance.
Inhuman Decision said by Rahul Gandhi (President of Congress)
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh protested against not giving dearness allowance allowance and called it a wrong decision
- Congress President Rahul Gandhi protested against not giving dearness allowance and called it inhumane
The Opposing parties(Congress) are opposing this step, condemning the BJP government and calling it one of these inhuman decisions, why the government does not suspend the ongoing projects in the country instead of cutting the employee salary.
लाखों करोड़ की बुलेट ट्रेन परियोजना और केंद्रीय विस्टा सौंदर्यीकरण परियोजना को निलंबित करने की बजाय कोरोना से जूझ कर जनता की सेवा कर रहे केंद्रीय कर्मचारियों, पेंशन भोगियों और देश के जवानों का महंगाई भत्ता(DA)काटना सरकार का असंवेदनशील तथा अमानवीय निर्णय है।https://t.co/LTGPf53VsA
— Rahul Gandhi (@RahulGandhi) April 24, 2020
Also Read this Article
PMCares Collected over Rs 6500Cr
On 28th March , The prime minister Shri Narendra Modi and his government announced the PMCares ( Prime Minister Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations) and pledge to it have crossed over Rs 6500 Cr.
देशभर से लोगों ने COVID-19 के खिलाफ लड़ाई में सहयोग करने की इच्छा जाहिर की है।
इस भावना का सम्मान करते हुए Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund का गठन किया गया है। स्वस्थ भारत के निर्माण में यह बेहद कारगर साबित होगा।
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) March 28, 2020